A 34-year-old Chinese online influencer, known as Sanqiange on Douyin, died after consuming over four bottles of ‘baijiu’ or Chinese vodka during a live-streamed drinking contest. This tragic incident, which started at 1 am on May 16 and was watched by over 100 people, sparked considerable discussion on Chinese social media about influencers pushing personal boundaries to increase their following. Sanqiange had built a reputation for participating in live online drinking contests since his previous business failed four years prior. The video of his fatal drinking spree has since gone viral, generating mixed reactions from the public. Many condemned these harmful online behaviors, arguing that influencers often resort to extreme actions to garner attention and rewards, risking their own safety in the process.
- The 34-year-old influencer Sanqiange died after consuming over four bottles of baijiu during a live-streamed drinking contest.
- His death has renewed the debate about the extreme lengths influencers go to for attention and rewards, often risking personal harm.
- Sanqiange was known for his participation in live online drinking games since his business failed four years ago.
- The incident has sparked mixed reactions on Chinese social media, with many people criticizing the dangerous behaviors promoted by such influencers.
- Incidents of influencers pushing their personal boundaries and risking harm for increased online traffic are frequently reported in China.