Making Your Recovery a Priority in the New Year
During my recent appearance on the “Recovered Life Show” with host Damon Frank, we delved into the significance of prioritizing recovery in the New Year. As someone who works as a recovered life coach, I have observed the struggles of individuals in maintaining their sobriety, particularly during the holiday season. We touched on the difficulty of setting practical goals and steering clear of the pitfalls of perfectionism. Our conversation highlighted the importance of creating a schedule, breaking down tasks into achievable portions, and concentrating on the process rather than solely fixating on the end result. With the hope and possibilities that come with the start of a new year, it is crucial to remember to place our sobriety first.
I shared my personal journey of forgiveness, confronting my addiction, and rebuilding relationships with family and friends. One strategy that worked for me was branching out to different recovery-affiliated groups and trying different programs. I emphasized the need to stay mindful and present, avoid comparing oneself to others, and focus on what you want for your life.
Sharing this video is valuable for anyone struggling with addiction or trying to maintain sobriety. It provides practical tips for setting realistic goals, prioritizing recovery, and developing healthy habits. It also offers insights into the challenges of addiction and the power of forgiveness, mindfulness, and self-awareness.
Key takeaways from the interview include the importance of setting realistic goals, prioritizing recovery, and focusing on the process rather than the end goal. Other tips include starting with a schedule, breaking tasks into manageable pieces, staying mindful and present, and avoiding perfectionism. We also discussed the benefits of branching out to different recovery-affiliated groups and developing a supportive network of family and friends.
Resources mentioned in the video include the “Recovered Life Show,” recovery-affiliated groups and programs, and the recoveredlife.us website, where people can find a recovery group.
- What is the “Recovered Life Show”? The Recovered Life Show is a podcast that helps people in recovery live their best-recovered lives.
- What are some tips for setting realistic goals in recovery? Some tips for setting realistic goals in recovery include starting with a schedule, breaking tasks into manageable pieces, and focusing on the process rather than the end goal.
- How can I avoid perfectionism in recovery? To avoid perfectionism in recovery, focus on progress rather than perfection, break tasks into smaller pieces, and avoid comparing yourself to others.
- What is the importance of forgiveness in recovery? Forgiveness is an important component of recovery because it helps to release anger and resentment, promotes self-awareness and personal growth, and enables individuals to rebuild relationships with family and friends.
- What are some benefits of branching out to different recovery-affiliated groups? Branching out to different recovery-affiliated groups provides an opportunity to try different programs, meet new people, and develop a supportive network of family and friends.